Monday, August 21, 2006

One year & One day!

We have been together for one year & one day! Ha, our one year is here! It was a neat weekend for us to look back to all the neat memories we've made together with all of our family and friends. From our carefree days, driving ALL over Oklahoma and Texas to our new home, and our new life...what a year its been. You could have never made either one of us believe all that has happened for us since last August but I know I wouldn't trade it for anything in the whole entire world. I've known J.R. for 5 years now, but I've gotten to see such a different side of him. One that is full of love, sincerity and honor. He is a wonderful person, and I feel so entirely blessed to get to share this journey of life with him. Our life feels like a movie, we always say but no movie goes without it's ups and downs. We've had our moments just like everyone else, but I find myself truly feeling lucky at the end of they day that I get to laugh, cry, eat, sleep, fight, and make-up, all with my absolute best friend in the whole world. I guess when you do it on God's time, it just works out.

We started out our anniversary on Sunday in Ponder, TX for lunch at Ranchmans, our favorite little steakhouse. We've been going out there ever since we first got together, so we felt like we needed to start the day there. From there, we headed down to the Stockyards in Fort Worth b/c JR had never been and he loved it!! We walked around, shopped a little and sat down for a beer in one of those true Fort Worth Cowboy bars! It was really neat :) We then headed home, and incidentally happened to go help my parents at the airport b/c their car wouldn't start but that gave us some time to see how their weekend trip to see Alex in Stillwater went. Once they were good to go, we went home got ready and finished off our perfect day with dinner at THE BALL! We got all dressed up and went to the restaurant around 8 when the sun was setting over Dallas, and by the time we got our food it was completely dark out and they had some neat music playing and we just enjoyed each other and smiled and laughed at how silly and giddy I get! Haha! I am the luckiest girl in the world! No wait?! He's the luckiest guy in the world, ha :) I

No comments: