Thursday, November 20, 2008
He is the precious tiny bean of some of our dearest friends, Levi and Crystal....
19 1/4 inches long
BORN November 20th at 1:44am
Welcome to the world Brody Daniel! You are already loved by so so many people! We can't wait to meet you! and I can't wait to give you a million kisses!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Yep!! Last night we signed the contract to build our very first HOUSE!!! This has been a very lengthy process, and we feel so blessed to have found the perfect town, perfect neighborhood, and perfect lot for us.
Only in Austin can you buy a HUGE, delicious cupcake out of an Airstream trailer :)
Keep Austin weird.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
The even BIGGER surprise is that one lucky "reader" will win one!! yay! Would anyone be willing to participate? I'll keep you in suspense over the wknd :)
He got invited to go on a guided fishing trip on Matagorda Island this wknd for business!! He's flying down to Houston as I type...Since he gets to delight himself with manly activities, I find it fitting, to indulge a bit myself in my happenings :)
I found some pretties at Forever 21. Give me your thoughts...I have no fear/shame adorning my make-your-butt-look-spectacular jeans (designer) with some fancy frocks from Fo-Eva. It's called mix & mingle, ladies.
1) The denim vest: don't cringe yet. I came home from Bs. As. with one, much to the applause of my ma. She looooved it. Pair it with anything, and this one's a steal! $20 or so...
2) Preppy Chic: um, yes. Skinny jeans and/or tan leather boots---nude pumps! You could always throw in a pair of a glasses, yessss.
4) Floral hairclip 1: one of my favorite things to accessorize with. hands DOWN. Even with a t-shirt, a flower on yo' head can make anything pretty! I even did at my wedding, but ofcourse! see!
5) Floral hairclip 2: the color is perfect. must have.
6) The beret: last and least. I look very stupid in these, but hope that one day they will magically look good on me. Until then, I can just admire it's knitted wonder. Is there anyone out there that looks fabulous in one? If so, I am envious. It makes me want to stroll the streets of NYC, drinking a salted caramel hot chocolate from Sbux with movie style Christmas music playing in the "background"....
and, done. I got carried away.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
You must be signed up by this Sunday!
This feeds a small army, so adapt it to your numbers :)
2 lbs ground beef (cooked, drained)
2 cans Ranch Style Beans
2 cans corn
1 can tomatoes (I like them diced)
1 can Rotel
1 pkg Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
Throw everything into a large pot, simmer 20-30 minutes until hot! Enjoy!
I shredded some monterey jack on top that melts deliciously into the soup----served it with some tortilla chips, and some guacamole to dip!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Considering that I clearly (and so happy about that) am not the only fan of Twilight, you must all be aware that the new movie is opening shortly...
Would any fellow real-life/blogger friends like to all meet up and go see it together? Does that sound fun, or is it creepy? any dfw'ers out there interested?
That way, some of us blogger friends could meet AND see the movie! A meet n' greet :)
Give me your thoughts...
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
It just so happened to be the Weatherford Parade!! and my sweet husband, just so happened to get to be IN the parade :)