Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Our busy, busy weekend!

Okay! So, we finally entertained at our house! My friend Lauren Edwards was in town from California so we had all made plans to maybe go out to dinner or meet at Starbucks, but we do that all the time. We were ready to have our friends over, so we invited everyone home! I called JR at work oh, probably six times telling him what we needed to get at the store after work, what we needed to clean, etc...he then went on to tell me that I needed to take one of my "tranquilizer" pills that the Dr. gave me when I had my ulcer. Ha, yeah I was freaking out! Everyone helped out-JR did the burger with Rico, Lauren R. made the margaritas since she's the Margarita Queen ;) Lauren E. cut up the lettuce and tomato, Clint was in and out helping everyone, and I did the fried potatoes. I was most scared about not making the potatoes just right, because I've never made them for so many people! Ha, it wasn't really that many people (it was 6) but that to me is like cooking for a small village. Lauren and Lauren both called me throughout the day telling me how excited they were to try these potatoes I talk about all the time, and they loved them. Honestly, they weren't as good as the first time I made them, but we did have an empty bowl at the end! I blame it on the size of pan I used, I definately needed a bigger one, haha. Yeah, that's what it was :) I made sure that Lauren E. brought her game of Catchphrase, and we moved the party over to the living room and played for about 2 hours. We laughed so hard playing that game! I must now display the pics I have of everyone's game faces!
Needless to say we had so much fun! We can't wait to have friends over again! This pic--> is of Lauren's "oh-gosh-how-am-i-gonna-do-this-one-face"! So funny!







I know I've been really slow about putting up pictures of the house, so I finally took some for you guys, even though most of you have seen it by now. We've made a lot of changes! Mom and dad's king size fit great in our bedroom so the my beloved bed got put in the guest room, ha! I finally had to part with my bed! We went to Home Depot the day after I took these so even the pictures aren't fully up to date but atleast you get the idea...Hope you like it!










To finish off our weekend, we went to the Cowboy game Sunday night with my dad! Gosh, it was SO fun! JR laughs at me because I get kind of star struck with T.O.! I'm just that sucker that watches these guys on tv, and then when I see them in real life I go nuts! NFL games are so diff from college games because they are SO intense and way more aggressive. JR had never been to a Cowboy game so he was super excited! It was nice to be there with my dad too :) I'm sure you guys a pictured out! but here are a couple more from the game! Nancy and Ronnie are coming to visit us this weekend, then we're coming up the weekend after to take the babies to the Fall Carnival at Central! Hope you all have a great weekend! Love love!












No comments: