Tuesday, June 03, 2008

sleeping on a cloud

A favorite past time of mine is sleeping. No, really. I consider it a treat! Sometimes the thought of my impending rest brings a smile to my to my face :)

To me, a comfortable bed is the key to a perfect home....and to me, comfortable=puffy.

Poor JR, I've swayed him into puff-land. I will spend any amount of $$$ on my bed. In college, I had the best bed in Norman. Ingredients: one featherbed, one fiberbed, one mattress pad--all stacked on top of each other. Ridiculous, you might say but the bed enveloped you and was puffy all night long. Oh, and Modal sheets----a must for any perfect bed.

Lastly, a light-weight feather down comforter. The End. Perfection.

JR would rather not sleep in a puff, but he has succumbed to my need of the puff. I think he really does love it, in secret. He just won't say.

Cue, last Saturday. Just your typical Saturday, a little Bed, Bath and Beyond and he let me get my puffy bed! YAY YAY YAY YAY! We found the most spectacular fiberbed, and it is plush, puffy, squishy, and cloud-like. It met all of my requirements and more!!! That now is on top of our memory foam, haha, I am awesome. Our bed now resembles more of a mountain, really neat. I have to climb in and out of bed. The ol', run-n-jump method works too...

The only problem is though, the kitties think we bought it for them...it is SO plush, and has the baffle-box stitching that each "section" creates it's own puff and the kitties each like to find their own little area and snuggle right on in. Beanie almost pushed me to the ground the other night, because I was in his area. Hmm....

Needless to say, I have had the most amazing sleep the last two days and I just wanted to share my joy of sleeping!


Ode to the puffy bed :)

4 comments:

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Enjoy your puffy bed!! :) I'm jealous!! :)

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

ha, always! I too wish for a puffy bed. I think I would lose that battle. I do remember how wonderful your bed was in Norman.I'll just have to come over and test it out...when JR's not there haha!!

The Chases said...

I love to have a big fluffy bed...Jay will not admit to liking it, but like you, I think he does! How is the summer shaping up? We might try to go down to the Dallas area in a couple of weeks...we have Six Flag tickets we need to use. Hopefully we can meet up!