Wednesday, November 12, 2008

yes, really

Vampires. Reeeeeally? A few of you recommended the Twilight series, a few posts back, but I just couldn't bring myself to read about, vampires.

I'm not one for ghosts, monsters, and vampires, but EEK! I-could-not-put-this-book-down...

Bella and Edward, the Cullens, Fork, oh my!! I took it on my trip with me, in case my iPod failed me, and I think I only used it once...

Embarrassed of the cover (mine is the movie cover, with the both of them) I would hold it down when passing people so as not to blow my cover of a 25 yr old, reading a forbidden love story about vampires. I'm truly and utterly captivated by the read, withholding my secret admiration for this story, I feel like an addict...so I'm begrudgingly sharing with you my embarrassment.

Does anyone else suffer from Twilight-ism? I know there has to be atleast one of you...

6 comments:

the rigdons said...

um, i read the entire series twice...

Elaine said...

I read your blog (through Lauren Neaves) and read Twilight this weekend on a trip (because Lauren posted about it). I was skeptical too but am hooked now! I can't wait to read the next one.

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

seeeee I told you you'd like it!!!!

The Fenner's said...

Oh you are just now reading these? I've already read Twilight TWICE!!! ( I read your blog through Lauren also, though I did go to HS with you, and my husband played soccer with your bro at Berkner!:))

Elizabeth said...

No shame, lots of grown up girls like us read Twilight! haha. Just wait until you read the rest of the series! So good. My sister and I can't wait for the movie. =) She's the one that got me hooked.

Unknown said...

Well I just got the book last Wed for my bday provided by my older sister in law....I am about to start reading it after I finish reading Marley and Me..which opens on Christmas Day :)

Not creepy to want to go with a group at all! (did it for HP series)