Monday, September 17, 2007

and it was a strange night...

Last Friday, JR and I went to dinner with a couple he knows from work. We're enjoying our salad and pasta, and the meeting of new people and this guy walks up to our table...

Kind of looking in my direction and clutching his wallet, we thought maybe he was going to ask for some money or something. He says, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I know this is weird and random but I'm a make-up artist and my blonde model backed out on me last minute for a photoshoot Sunday and I really need you!". Looks at me, hands me a receipt with his name and phone number on it, and tells JR, "Don't worry I'm gay! I saw her across the restaurant and I knew she'd be perfect!" Uhhhhhhh okay. Talk about making a dinner awkward! wow! I thought the whole time he was looking in my direction it was because maybe he'd left something at the table from his dinner or something!!??

Long story short, his name is Ramon Blanco and is a make-up artist working on his new business ads, and needed a blonde model. Me and my 5'3 self did a photoshoot for him on Sunday, and it was actually really fun. My makeup was cuh-razy! Nothing you'd wear on a normal day, if ever! JR came, and Scott came later on in the day! It was so neat to have them there with me! There were two other models, so there were atleast 10 people there during the shoot! We will get the professional pics later, but atleast here you can see some of what I got to do! I had to wear a rather hideous wedding gown, but I guess the focus was on the makeup :/







2 comments:

Ashlee and Carey said...

Oh my gosh! How neat!!!! I had no idea about it! WOW! My soon to be cuz is going to a famous model!!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so random...at least it turned out to be cool, though! Love the gloves, you should definetly wear them your big day!