Friday, February 13, 2009

and more BIG news

You can honestly say that we never fail to surprise you with Pettijohn Family News!! So to continue the tradition, we announce the next BIG news in our house:

The Pettijohn's are moving to Pittsburgh, eeeeeeeeeeeeeek :) yes, Pittsburgh. The one in Pennsylvania. Up North.

The story goes, and is rather simple actually, that JR's company decided to close down their Dallas office. In doing so, we were extremely fortunate enough to have been given a relocation offer. (I'm making a very long story short, you don't want to know what my pregnancy hormones said thru this duration) Only a handful of employees were given the option of relocation and after daily prayers, discussion with our family, prayer, prayer, and some more prayer we made the very BIG decision to accept the offer to Pittsburgh.

Times are very tough in our world, our country, our economy thus we feel a strong responsibility to make the best move possible for our growing family. JR loves his job, his co-workers and in accepting the offer, keeps him in a business that is so well suited for him. Our option of staying close to home, was and is so tempting but taking the challenge of this opportunity and adventure seemed too good to pass up.

The hardest part, without a doubt, will be the distance from our family and friends. I almost don't need to go further with that, because it will make me cry :(

We trust fully in our hearts that this is God's timing, and His plan for us, and so of course WE WILL FOLLOW!!!!! It takes away our fear, and gives us so much excitement to draw closer to each other as husband and wife as we move to a new city, with new experiences, new responsibilities and a new BABY!!!

Sometimes in life, the greatest challenges bring forth the greatest rewards. This here is a challenge, folks :) Our family and friends could not be more supportive. We have had a chance to sit and talk with our nearest and dearest and not one person has told us to pass on this opportunity...this gave us great comfort in making our decision.

The move is likely not a permanent one, however, we will embrace it fully and make our home in Pitt. This made us so very aware of our blessings of good health, such a loving family, the very best of friends, and to hopefully a successful future for our little family

We thank you from the bottom, bottom of our hearts for your prayers and we are really looking forward to hosting you in the city of Pittsburgh!!!!! We'll even have a sweet baby to introduce you to :) YAYYYYYYYYYY!

oh! and I get to be a stay-at-home mommy! that's my BIG news, hehe. I am thrilled out of my mind to wake up to my husband and our baby and spend my days watching Baby grow! Does it get any better?!?! I think not. My job now is house hunting, but I will keep those a secret until we find THE one, and I'm verrrrry excited to show you!!!

That covers this segment of news, but don't be surprised if I come up with something else....oh my word, I joke. I hope that's it!!!!

**and at our new house, I'm flying the biggest OU flag Pitt has ever seen!!! It may be the only one in town, hahaha!

16 comments:

Melissa said...

OMG!!! I was so excited to be able to come and see baby P when he or she gets here. Now...I will have to come to Pittsburgh!!Yeah!! But...that is great...I will be in Ohio for a month this summer (and we usually go to Pittsburgh for a baseball game...long story), so we will have to stop by. I hope everything goes smoothly in your move! Do you know when you will be moving? We definately have to get together so you and JR can meet baby Luke before you go!

The Fenner's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Fenner's said...

PITTSBURGH huh? You'll need to invest in some warm winter clothes!!! I don't know if you've ever been in PA ( I live in Philly) but it's a culture shock! But I'm sure you'll love it!! Hey, and they get cold, AND snow!:)

What is happening to the house you were building in Dallas?

Rob and Amy said...

I LOVE Pittsburgh. Rob and I went there for one of his work trips with his former company, and it was amazing! Such a fun city!!!

SarahJarnagin said...

You've been in our prayers! I know this is quite a change - all while you are pregnant! Good luck on the house hunt.

Elizabeth said...

Natalie-
I know we have never met except in the blogosphere, but your posts always make me smile and sometimes feel exhausted! I don't know if anyone else can keep up with you! This adventure is going to be really fun! Buy a house! Shop for cold weather clothes! And stay at home!! I hope whenever I have my kid I will have a job whereby I can still be around the little monster! Have a great VDay! You two have MUCH to celebrate - THE GOOD LIFE!!
Love,
Elizabeth

Erin said...

Natalie- what exciting news. You are so lucky to be able to stay home and raise baby P. Congratulations on this big adventure!

The Denoves said...

wow!!!!!! Your little family is as crazy as ours. I will pray for you guys and if you need any advice on moving a household let me know. Keep me updated!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I'm so jealous that you get to be a stay at home mommy! It will be so fun exploring a new city. Good luck with the house hunting!

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

we are so happy for you guys as you take this exciting step. Don't know what life will be like without you here but j can't wait to visit! Ok, have toclear the tears away... Again and get back to work. We love you!!!

Melissa said...

We are pretty much free anytime...of course, because we have no life!! LOL!! I'm sure yours and JR's schedules are a lot more hectic than ours. Let us know when a good time is for you all. And...we can always come there, you can come here, or we can meet somewhere! Hope you guys have a great Valentine's!!

Unknown said...

WOW! That is a huge step and a large one. I don't think I could do that, but If we had too I suppose there is no other choice! I wish you both the best of luck and the new little one on the way will be a Steeler born but Cowboy breed!

Red High Heels said...

I just got really excited for you. Speaking from experience...my husband and I moved to Florida away from anyone we knew RIGHT after we got married(as in packed up to leave after the honeymoon) and I can honestly say it is the BEST thing ever. It really helped us to become a team like I don't think we would have if we would have stayed around family and friends. I recommend this for everyone. We have been so BLESSED by the experience. And I know you will be too!!!! Have so much fun on your new adventure!!!

Love,Mandie
Ps. You had better fly that OU flag HIGH!!!

Kristian and Katy said...

I am SO excited for you, JR, and baby!! I know this will be such a growing season for you as a family. I doubt you will ever regret it.
(and believe me, you are right on track with embracing it as "home", no matter how long you are there... it will make it so much easier and i think you will feel a much greater sense of contentment.)

also- you will be quite close to NYC!

congrats to the Pettijohns!

Darci White said...

I've been praying for you guys and wondering where things stood!

You guys seem like an amazing, God fearing, couple and I think it is so wonderful that you are taking this leap of faith.

I'm so, so, so glad that everything fell into place. AND you get to be a stay at home mom! AWESOME!!!!!!!

ahhh.....okay, I'll stop!

Gaston said...

Hey Nat and Jr what's going on guys. Congrats!!!!!! Guys I am so happy for you all. Listen send me your e-mail and phone numbers to have in my contacts. Guys your going to freeze your buns off in Pittsburgh that is to bad you guys don't have the Miami weather hahaha!!!! I am hoping to guys can come stay in Coconut Grove the next time you come. Guys your always welcome to come and stay at my place. Guys got to go. Talk to you soon. Gaston