Wednesday, February 11, 2009

smarty pants

I interrupt the baby blogging for something near and very dear to my heart:

THE UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA

This article came out in the Dallas News today, about OU being able to attract more merit scholars than that oh-so-hated school down south in that weird town in Texas. I'll let you guess which school I'm talking about.

To further my point, said quote, from a recruiter from that oh-so-hated-school-down-south-in-that-weird-town-in-Texas, "Oklahoma is one of those very aggressive schools that does a lot to get students to enroll,” he said. “We’re not necessarily offering the kind of money they’re getting there. But we offer something else—this university, its diversity, the city of Austin.”

Bahahaha, you lose. "OU’s recruitment program won over Amanda Holloway, who was a National Merit scholar at Plano Senior High School. She applied to UT and Ivy League schools but finally chose OU. Now 22, she is student body president.

“The thing that really stood out to me was the personal attention [OU] gave,” she said. “They really cater to you.”

But, of course. Read here. Love to see OU stealing some Texas thunder :)

I may be Texas "born", but I'm Sooner bred!!!!!

(Baby P got those booties from mommy, aren't they SO cute? already a Sooner!)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love the booties! I love how you can weave in a little "baby" in your "non-baby" topic posts too!! =)

Em said...

I'm in LOVE with those booties and will HAVE to have some like them when we have a babe!

Yay! I love it when my sweet OU steals stinky texas' thunder. BOOMER SOONER!

Melissa said...

Luke had the white booties like that. I had them (and the stocking hat) in the hospital for him to wear. I figured if he had to be born in Texas, he was going to at least show who he supported!! Boomer!