Tuesday, October 05, 2010

int'l delight

I just had a rather invigorating breakfast--banana dipped in Nutella with an espresso, spruced up with some Caramel Macchiato creamer by International Delight. It is that, a delight.

That tiny espresso is what will later get me out of my robe, hopefully by noon. Although, the transition from one to two babies has in all honesty not been as difficult as I had thought--the midnight feed I give my Belle Monroe, is still at war with my post-pregnancy self and my mornings last well until noon.

I'm happy to report that Bear has taken quite well and fallen as in love with his sister, as a now 14 month old can.


The first few days he 'noticed' her, but I think two weeks later, he has managed to gather that she is in fact human and he loves to come pat her on the head--which yesterday progressed into a slap on the forehead. That made her cry, and inevitably him. I had two babies crying at the same time, and all I could do was laugh.


As I progressively get less tired, I'm able to nap Belle Monroe and spend some one on one time with my Bear. We even got some Momma/Bear time at the duck pond last week. He loves his grandparents and of course his Daddy, but there are moments in the day when only Momma will cut it, and I'll take that. I will always take that.


With the weather cooling off, I can only wake up thankful everyday that I have two beautiful, healthy babies whom I adore and will get to share in these upcoming holiday filled months. Yummy candles, pumpkin pie, and our fire going all the day long----this is what dreams are made of. Mine, atleast.

11 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

You two are so cute! I'm so glad you all are adjusting the the new family life.

Elizabeth said...

Holy Cow you JUST had a kid????
I'm IMPRESSED!
Glad things are doing well!
And yes, fall is a fabulous time of year! It's time for pumpkins and those yummy fall candles you refered to!!
=)

5th Belle Avenue said...

What a precious post. :)

Lindsey said...

you look AMAZING for just having a baby!
i'm glad hudson is adjusting well!
your pictures are awesome

Sara said...

Such cute pics!! Sounds like a great place to be!!! Congrats!! And you look Fab!!!

Lisa said...

This is LOVE! And Hello Jessica Simpson. You look FABULOUS!
So happy all is well with your sweet family.

Courtney said...

I could just stare at your son's face all stinking day! What a cutie!

The Conway's said...

I need your secrets for dropping your pregnancy weight so fast!! I'll have to keep them in mind for when we start a family of our own. You look GREAT!!

Tiffany said...

You look great! So glad the transition is going well. (P.S. I'm still loving her name, it's perfect)

Erin W said...

You look great. My husband just laughed at me when I told him that you look amazing for someone that just popped out two kids in 13 months time. His words exactly... "There you go again, comparing yourself'. Haha. Don't we all compare at times?? :)


SO happy for you guys. I know that my little one is such a joy. I could only imagine doubling it. What a blessing.

Lived With Love said...

you are so amazing Nat, you look incredible! and so so happy!