Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Thrasher's in TX

Yep, you read right!! The Thrasher's finally made it to the Big D! We were so excited to have our dearest in our home at last!!

They made it down Saturday afternoon, and we decided to stay around the area and went to dinner at TX Land and Cattle for some delicious steaks and adult beverages :)

After the yummo steak dinner we headed down to The Ginger Man, the same pub we took Blake and Jenn to just a couple of weeks ago. It's such a low-key place in the midst of all the Uptowniness....more our pace! So we scoured the massive menu of cerveza available...

I enjoyed some delicious cider, Woodchuck Amber, yummmm! and JR went around the map with Cody trying the other "man" beers! Holly and I stuck to the lady beverages :) actually Holly ended up with a Root Beer Float, yeah! this place is that cool!

38 days left!!

Sunday morning, I got up before everyone and wanted to play with some of our new stuff! First in line was our spectacular waffle maker from The Neaves' and Carole!!! Lauren and Rico treated us to some breakfast waffles a few months ago, and now I wanted to try it out with my very own!! If you don't have one, I highly highly recommend this super waffle making device. It's a MUST.

I really got up early, to practice making the waffles since it was my first time! A good hostess can't serve burnt waffles :)My FIRST waffle! A beauty!! It's that easy!
My honey making some bacon!! We're mastering breakfast!
Our Sunday morning breakfast with The Thrasher's! minus Baby Luke :(
After breakfast, the boys went to the driving range while Holly and I got ready...for the FC Dallas game!! It's been years since I've been to a soccer game but we had a blast! It was out in Frisco and it's refreshing to be out there to get out of the city a bit, and the field was super nice! JR and I got some hot dogs and nachos! We all know I cannot go to any sporting event and not get some fattening food! That's really why I go, hahaha!

How cute are the boys in their soccer jackets!!!??

FC Dallas game!
Nat and Holly
Awesome field!

This was our half-time show! So cute! We want our future Pettijohn babies to be little soccer players!
Our weekend was so wonderful! We've waited a long time to have Cody and Holly down and it was so nice to show them our life and our home! Thank you so much for making the trip and we hope there are many more to come.

Except that next time, you better bring that baby!

2 comments:

Holly said...

We had a fabulous time!! :)

Love you guys!!: )

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

looks like you guys had fun! SO glad you love the waffle maker! :-) It's our fav!!