Wednesday, December 12, 2007

ash, for you

Ashlee asked if I'd post some recipes that I've been trying, and ofcourse I'm always willing to share! Especially if you get your own take on it, I'm always interested in new "spins" on a recipe :)

So, from our Nancy's Country-Style Rib dinner the other night here is the recipe for the homemade ranch dressing:

INGREDIENTS
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

Disclaimer: This is the recipe I used the other night, except that this recipe comes out a little thick, like dip-style and tastes a little too "mayo-y" for my taste. So I spruced it up with some other seasoning I had at the house, and thinned it out with 2% milk. If following this recipe, use the milk to thin it out to your liking. I have notes on this recipe to help take away the mayo-ness and give it the thinner consistency of a dressing, of which I have not tried yet but regardless here is the only thing you need to change if you want to go this route:

1/2 cup each of mayo, sour cream, & buttermilk (the rest stays the same)

I will try the second way, but if you do before me let me know which you like better. JR likes it a little thicker, so the first way worked well for us, but I'm eager to see what the other method tastes like! Let me know how the homemade ranch turns out for y'all! Happy cooking!

1 comment:

Ashlee and Carey said...

Awww...Thanks Nat!!!! I can't wait to try it out!!!!! I am waiting for the rib recipe too! I am not sure that I would dare try it though! I might burn the house down! I am just too scared to really try new things!